This detective mystery is set in the world of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. The ready-to-print game can be organised at a birthday party for children of 7-8 years old.
This detective mystery is set in the world of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table.
Making the treasure: To thank them for their help, King Arthur offers the children a share of his treasure at the end of the adventure. So consider, for example, preparing a decorated box with packets of sweets inside.
Hello, I'm Merlin, advisor to King Arthur.
Last night a piece of the the royal treasure, the Holy Grail, was stolen from the castle. The King has been away at war for several days. He'll be furious if he finds out that the most beautiful piece of his treasure has been swiped during his absence. A messenger has just warned me that the King is to return this evening! Help me find the Holy Grail's thief before his return!
The game can be played indoors or outdoors (garden, house, apartment...). It's up to you to decide where to hide the clues depending on where the detective mystery is being held. The game begins by reading the introduction to the children. From clue to clue, hiding place to hiding place, the children have to solve all the puzzles to solve the mystery.
You want to use up a bit more of the children's energy, test their memory skills, see how discreet they can be? A series of (optional) challenges are provided which can be played in between certain clues and make the game even more fun!
Game language: English
Game format: detective mystery
Average time to complete the game: 50 minutes
For children aged: 7-8 years
Audience: mixed, boys, girls
Number of players: can be played by two teams, unlimited number of players.
The documents are supplied in PDF format (20 pages approx.)
To be printed before starting the game: clues, initial history, organization sheets, certificates.
In the "Advice" section of our website, you will find all the information, tips and ideas you need to organize this ready-to-print game successfully.
WHEN CAN I DOWNLOAD THE GAME?
You can download the game immediately after payment. You will receive an email explaining all the details. Please note that nothing is sent by post. All our games are documents in PDF format to print at home.
- Françoise: "The children really got into the game and got carried away by the story. We had studied the theme of the Knights of the Round Table in class and it was a real result. The game is totally suitable for children of this age: the rules are easy for all children to understand and the questions make them think. Well done!"
- Cécile: "The children were very pleased with the birthday party. If you do the challenges between each clue, the game can last up to an hour and a half. The certificates at the end are a bonus and the children love them. Tip: hide Merlin's letter in balloons that they have to burst to find it; bury the treasure."
- Laura: "The children loved it, the clues were solved in record time and everyone got involved. The adults there also liked it and lots of the mums wanted to know where I got the activity from, and I gave them the name of your site."
- Laurent: "Suitable scenario. Difficulty level of clues well-pitched for CP [French equivalent of KS1/First Grade]"
- Christelle: "The children liked the activities. The story kept them on tenterhooks, the clues were suitable for their age. The advice on organising it and the printouts were good. I've already recommended your site."
- Sylvie: "The children loved the birthday party. They really liked the certificate provided in the PDF. We jazzed it up by giving the children a sword and shield, a crown and a wand (made of cardboard, for decorating).